Monday, April 18, 2011

Hello Family and do whomever they choose to let read this email!
Now the event you have all been waiting for! My weekly activities!
Monday was our last time doing Empty Nesters! We are so happy about that! And then afterwards we went back to our appartment to do roster work, but Elder Adam was too upset with the Empty Nesters, so we went for a walk around our complex. We then went and sat by the pool, and we see a lady for our complex walking around. We say hi and asked her if she had any questions about Mormons. I don't think she heard the second part, but about 5 minutes later she came and talked with us. Her name is Kim. She asked alot of questions, and we answered them. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it! It was a great ending to the day!
Tuesday we did a trade-off with Jay missionaries. Elder Adam went there and Elder Westover came here with me. And the only things that didn't fall through were our first appointment and our dinner appointment, and our dinner appointment was almost forgotten too! It was kind of a stressful day and then we did some tracting that day and afterwards I realized that we were tracting in the Pace area! I was thinking, come on!
Wednesday we had another appointment fall through, but this time we went and saw Robert. We finally got hold of him! After 2 weeks!! He was on meds that made him very infunctionable, he hated the meds but the courts told him that if he doesn't take them that he will go back to prison! Satan is throwing everything he can at Robert because he is trying to change his life! I hate it! I want him to leave him alone! Then we went and traded back with the Jay missionaries. Then we had a lesson with our new investigator, Allen. We taught him the Plan of Salvation, he said that he has been alot happier since he started reading and praying! It's awesome! (He unfortunately didn't come to church this week.)
Then our next appointment fell through because of sickness/not feeling well. Then we tried to find people until dinner. Dinner we had at the Stanton's and we had sushi. It was ok, not the best food I've had. After that we went to see the White's and we got to know them better and they are pretty cool people!
Thursday, after weekly planning we tried to get new "gators" at the high school but no success, because a sign said no walking on the sidewalk so it made it hard to talk to people, and then we saw other people walking on it and it was as we were getting ready to leave! Then we took our bikes and went to the Tasha's and rode them around with the girls. Later that evening we saw Pamela and watched Prophet of the Restoration! It's an awesome movie! Very inspiring too! She is still on track for baptism, but she didn't come to church.
Friday was similar to Tuesdays, people fell through and until we went to the Foret's we had to find people! At Tasha's we rode our bikes again and taught them about following the prophet and tithing. They are still waiting for Tasha to get the money she needs to get divorced, but on the bright side they got their vehicles working and they all came to church! Then we had dinner with the Cloward's and they had a friend over who later we talked to about questions he had about our church and doctrines. That took the rest of the night, the Cloward's are unfortunately moving Friday and we are sad because they are awesome people!
Saturday we saw Malcolm again and he wasn't doing too hot and he was upset about something that I can't tell you about. Then we tracting and ran into a guy who contraticted himself in telling us about apostacys. We then finally were about to get a lesson with Dennis Miscannon, exactly 2 months after our first lesson! Following we went to see Brenda in her new house and she absolutely loves it!
Well that's it for my week.
1- The only person I can think of that we helped would have been Allen. We helped him grow closer to Christ!
2- I know that through the Atonement we can be cleansed from our sins, and that we need faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we need to repent, we need to remember our covenants, and just repeat that process ever time we sin. Christ paid the ultimate price for us, and without what he did we would all be in BIG trouble! I love the Savior very much and am very grateful for what he did!I know that this church is true! I wouldn't be here if I didn't think it was true! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen!
I love you guys very much! One last thing, on Mother's Day make sure you guys remain at home after church if you can, because I'm not sure when I will call. Love you guys! Share the Gospel with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Williams:~)

    You are such a hard working missionary. I admire your spiritual strength. The Lord WILL bless you and those you teach. It's so tough, when appointments fall through. I remember my zonie, Elder Clayton, from Idaho. He just laughed and said, "as long as the dinner appointments don't fall through". Loved reading your letter. In each letter, I see your growth and that is such a blessing! I deeply appreciate your letters and your parents posting them on your blog. You are in our prayers, daily! Blessings from heaven on you, I pray. Aunt Virginia

    ReplyDelete