It was a great conference! I watched all of it, 4 sessions at the church and 1 at our ward mission leaders home. No investigators watched them with us, they went to a members house to watch, we only had 3 watch (Tasha, Savannah, and Pamela.)
We are still teaching the Foret's. Kevin and Joey have stopped coming to church because their vehicles are both broken down and they don't like asking people for rides, and don't like people at church say that they will help them with their cars and then not follow through with it.
The Miscannons. Sister Miscannon is a less-active member, and she wants us to teach her husband the lessons because she feels that he needs it. We taught him once several weeks ago and since then when we set up appointments things always come up to make it so they have to cancel. We will keep trying with them.
That's awesome that Tara got her mission call! And I am enjoying the weather, it will start getting extremely humid.
My companion is great because he knows the gospel and does about 60% of the talking when we teach. (It's great, I am getting better at talking more)
In my studying of the Book of Mormon I have been reading it and I now that it is a true book because it is EXTREMELY spiritually up lifting and I know that it was translated by the power of God through Joseph Smith.
Here is my week!
Pamela is continuing to progress, we had to move for BCD back to May 7th because the original date was too soon and the 23rd of April wouldn't work because stake conference is the following day, and yeah. We pushed it back to the 7th.
This lady called us Tuesday and asked us to come talk to her and she told us things that she didn't want us to tell anyone else so I can't tell you, but she is from Russia and I think she is in culture shock right now because she doesn't understand the people here, and she thinks that us as Americans are spoiled and that we complain alot. She likes our church but doesn't feel she is ready to be baptized. She said that she wants to be free and that there are some things she does that aren't in harmony with what we believe and she thinks that she has to change every aspect of her life, and she told us that with all our rules that we are just like Comunists! Elder Adam and I are getting frustrated with her because no matter what we teach her, she only focuses on the problems of our church and our country, but we see her for the last time today and then she is moving tomorrow. (We are both excited for that!)
On Friday when we were doing service for the Sorensen's (they have all the birds and animals I sent you pictures to) They have some goats and one of them was pregnant and had babies last week (triplets!) They are soft and we got to hold them! I will try and upload them to the email. (there I think I did it) I will go into more details with some things in my voice recording. Love you guys! Stay true to the faith! It really is the way to go!!!
Dear Elder Williams:)
ReplyDeleteGonna' tell Uncle Gary to read this!!! He was in Russia a LONG time.
So do the bunk beds get everyone off the ground? Hope so. BUGS are all over in summer. Sorry, just my memory of summer in FL, AL, GA, VA etc. ha ha.