Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cameron's 1st Letter Home

We got a letter in the mail (1/18/2011) today from Cameron. I'm not sure why he didn't email us. He mailed this on the 14th so I'm thinking that's when he wrote it. Anyways here is what he wrote in his letter:

Dear Family,
The MTC has been like French Imersion, get here and get right to business. It's like they need us to learn things. My companion is Elder Horning, he hails from Meridian, Idaho, and first and formost he is a Boise State Football fan. We bunk with Elders North and Svedin (Swen-dan). We are all going to Tallahassee. In our district there are 3 other elders: Elder Carpenter, Elder Orgill (Or-gill), and Elder Teo-Tafiti. They are going to San Jose, California. Elders Orgill and Teo-Tafiti are both from Hawaii and they knew each other since middle school. Elder Carpenter is from Orem, sorry I forgot to say where Elder North and Swedin are from. Elder North is from Centerville and Elder Swendin is from Melbel, Idaho (I think it was, I know it is Idaho.) All of them are Great!

I get to sleep on the top bunk, haha. Meals have been awesome, mash potatoes, gravy, and chicken 1st dinner, 1st lunch I had a double cheese burger. Yum! 2nd dinner lasagne and breadsticks. It was awesome!!

Sorry to go back to the beginning, but the reason they are getting right down to it is because they are training us to help fight a war on many fronts. It feels great when there are hundreds of missionaries in the same room. At the first big meeting all the newbies gathered and there was about 400 strong present, and about half of them were from Utah (that's alot). I have seen about 6-8 people I have known or still know. Elder Lewis, and some other Elders I graduated with, and I think I saw Jamie's friend Rachel from High School. Well it's getting late, so keep me posted on things. Love you!
Love
Elder Williams

2 comments:

  1. Carla: LOVE that he goes right to the "food". Funny, so Elder!!! Just like the boys in my mission. he he. He's such a good boy! Happy for you all. V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carla:
    Wonder if the MTC President still says, "now go back to your room and write a letter to your family......" Gary and I both had that said to us. And there's nothing like a REAL letter for a memory book. We are so happy for Elder Williams and his parents!

    ReplyDelete