Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cameron's Letter Jan 18, 2011

Hello Father!!!!!! I am here at the MTC and having a very good time :)
How is life going at home? How are sports going? Oh! before I forget my P-Days are on Tuesdays! I have just had a very spiritual experience here, it's very hard for me to put into words how I have felt these past 6 days. WOW!!!!!!! I have been here for 6 days! At times it feels longer, and sometimes it flies by! My companion is Elder Horning, he loves music: singing, leading, playing, and whistling! He also loves this Gospel sooooooo much! And he has a strong testimony! He is from Meridan, Idaho. It is outside of Boise, and he is a Boise State fan 1st, and BYU fan 2nd! We have had great times together and have gotten close.
Now for my district, there is Elder North, he is from Centerville, and he is a pretty good basketball player, Elder Svedin (Swe-deen, the Swe like in Sweden) he is from Melba, Idaho, and that is also outside of Boise, he is also a pretty good basketball player, and they are companions.
Elder Carpenter is from Orem, he is our District Leader, he is funny! Elder Orgill (Or-gill) he is from Hawaii, he loves surfing, his dad is the President of the Polynesian Cultural Center, he has met the Prophet and some of the Apostles, and he is also funny! Elder Teo-Tafiti, he is also from Hawaii, he worked at the Cultural Center before he came and he was a drummer there, he and Elder Orgill went to high school together in Hawaii, and those 3 (Elders Carpenter, Orgill, and Teo-Tafiti are companions.) Thats the District, we have spend just about all the time together, we have spent at least 35 hours of the time we have been here in a small classroom in 2M-209. But we have had some good, fun, and spiritual times in there! Our main teacher is Brother Beheshti, and he has taught us soooo much!
I live in 8M-407, top floor, right across from the bathroom, and on one of the top bunks!
Will you please post my address on Facebook and tell people to write me please!! I have seen at least 5 people here who graduated with me and they are all going to diverse places, they are going to Korean, Croatia, California, Mexico, and Kentucky. (I don't remember the others) But I am grateful at this chance I have to be serving a mission, I really want to get out into the field because I am that excited, but I haven't learned enough. I know that this Gospel is true, and I know that this Gospel was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


Love,

Elder Williams

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this letter. Appreciate being in your family "loop".

    ReplyDelete