Monday, February 21, 2011

Cameron's Letter Feb 21, 2011

For the last week it has been in the 70's! :) I'm soooo happy about that! And yes we are teaching the Foret's still. I left at a bad time! The Jazz don't know what to do without me watching! Great for BYU. They are going to go far in March!!!!! If you ever see Austin tell him I think it's great! And that I wish him luck! There isn't a particular length of time to be on the computer as long as it doesn't take up my day, but we usually only get on once and email for about 2 hours. We have to come to the local community college libray to use the computers. Ok, now I will tell you about my week!

On Tuesday (15) we did service for the family that ran a bird rescue (the Sorensen's.) We started clearing land, because they have I think 2 acres of land and about half that is what needs to be cleared. We put it all in a big pile and on Friday evening they had us over and we made a fire and burned alot of the wood! There is still alot more to by cleared and burned, but we will do more of it on Wednesday when we go back to do more service! It was alot of fun! Elder Adam said afterwards that he gets why bullies like to bring people down, because it is fun to tear things down! Then later we went tracting and ran into an Hispanic family that were being taught by spanish missionaries, but for some reason they had just stopped coming!?! So we asked if we could come back another time, and she said yes, but when we went back Saturday she forgot and was gone. :(

On Wednesday (16) We went to get Elder Adam's hair cut, but afterwards she told me she was just going to trim the hair on my neck line, but she went all the way to the top of my head, (this was a member who cut our hair) apparently the back of my head was puffy and it was REALLY bugging her haha I really didn't care, it was free, but it caught me off guard, like I didn't plan on my hair getting cut. Haha! After lunch we went to help the Leasure's move. We got there and we helped for about an hour, then we took a break and during the break the family lost motivation to move so we ended up playing with the 3 girls (Erika, Rachel, and Lizzie.) After that we had dinner at a members home and we had taco salad! It was pretty good! Pretty hot though. haha! After that we went to go see the Miscannon's (Donnie, and Dennis) Donnie was a less-active member and Dennis was not a member. She wanted us to teach her husband about the Gospel, and so we did. He told us that he had been searching for religion all his life and that he had had some bad experiences, like he went to a Pennacostal church and he really liked it and he was baptized by the preacher. And then 2 weeks later he wakes up to get ready for work and he turns on the news and there was the preacher getting arrested for doing something he shouldn't. Sooo yeah he has had a hard time finding the right church, but that's why we are here! To teach him more about it! After we taught him, he said that the things we said made sense and that he was going to read the Book of Mormon! It was AWESOME!!!!!! After that we went to the church to try and see if we could find someone who will let us teach them a lesson. There was mutual going on that night and they were doing speed dating!?! I wish we would have done that! And one of the girls from the Pace ward (we share the building with them) talked with us for a few mintues, and I swear that I have either seen or met her before and it's really bugging me!

On Thursday (17) we did weekly planning (wasn't very fun) Then we went and taught the Foret's again, it went well but it was hard to teach the lesson without an interperateur. After, we finished weekly planning, then we went to dinner at a members house. They had 2 big red dogs! I think they are Coon Hounds. The dogs were entertaining, always wanting attention! haha! Later we taught Robert, and he also has had a rough life, he has been in jail for a few years and then he got out on good behavior but he has a 15 year probation. And he is really trying to turn his life around right now, and it's just hard because he has made some dumb choices but he regrets it and when we taught him you could see the light in his eyes. But unfortuantely he can't be baptized until after his probation is done, (2026) I really feel for him and I wanna help him out as much as I can!

Then on Saturday (19) the Miscannon's took us to a dirt track out in East Milton to watch car racing! It was AWESOME!!!!! But also we got dirty from the dirt being kicked up when they came by, good thing I wasn't in my shirt and tie!! :) And that was fun! And that's pretty much all the fun exciting side of this week! Well that's all I have to say! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment