My ankle is doing fine, it is healing (it has gone down in size and color) and we did get another brace for it. My apartment is like this, you walk in and to the left is the living room/bedroom, there are 4 of us living there and 2 beds and 2 mattresses on the floor, I am on the floor. To the right is the kitchen area and no I have not done alot of cooking, I have made some Top Ramen but that's about it, oh and I did make myself some mac and cheese but it was as good as others I have made (not strong enough cheese) :( I would love if you ever wanna send me some :) Then there is a hallway there pretty much right after you walk in and I goes down to the changing room and the study. :) I have a study!!! :) hahahahahaha! And then there are 2 bathrooms. I actually haven't used my bike, I have been told that there are about 5 areas in the mission that you can ride your bike in and I am not in one, it's just that there aren't alot of sidewalks. Elder Adam is from Ogden and he has been out for 21 months. And yes I got my packages (took forever though) I wanna tell you about something that happened while tracting.
So on Thursday or Friday we were tracting and we came to a house we knock and instead of opening the door and standing there, this man opens the door and comes out on the porch. We greet him and tell him who we are and he says he only believes in the Bible (which is good,) but that when he was our age he said that he was going to go to h-e-double hockey sticks, and that he read the Bible and prayed about it and got the feeling it was true. Then he said after he did that that God saved him from going to that place (sorry I just don't really feel like saying it, even though it would be faster than what I did.)
We proceeded to tell him that we believe the Bible is true and that we also believe in the Book of Mormon. Then he said we should not add, nor take away anything from the Bible. I have since investigating more by reading where it says that (Deut 4:2) and listening to Elder Hollands talk in one of the 2007 conferences about that same thing and how if that was true then why would we need the rest of the Bible? I really liked that. Anyways back to the guy. He kept telling us to read and pray about the Bible, and we kept saying we have, but he kept repeating himself. He probably thought we were lying. He also would not look us in the eye for more than a second, and we where there for about 5-10 minutes! I didn't like that. He then asked us about the 144,000. We paused for a sec and looked at each other, then said that we don't believe that only they will be saved and that he probably mistook us for Jehovah Witnesses, then he said you're one and the same.......
WE AREN'T THE SAME!!!!!!!! I later felt like that and thought that I should say that to him exactly like that, but alas I am a missionary and I need to maintain a higher level of conduct, but I really wanna go back to him and tell him all the things I have learned about it!!!!! I chance may come for someone else, but I will do it calmly and coolly(?? I don't know if that is a word or not) and yeah.
The Foret's (deaf) are teaching are coming along well, Tasha has had a sad last few years, her husband would abuse her, and she left him and he has since been in and outta jail, but he is the father of the 3 girls. She has not been able to file a divorce because it costs soooo much ($3000 she told us) and i think Kevin invited her to come live with him and Joey. And after that I am not completely sure about if Tasha and Kevin are lovers or if they are friends, Elder Adam and I have both heard different sides of the story, it's all confusing!!! :( So yesterday during Sunday School we told Tasha the bad news, I felt sooo bad! She really wants to be baptized but she has to get divorce figured out and either marry Kevin or move out and...... yeah it's sad. You could see how sad she was when we told her, but we told her to keep coming to church and we will help out with whatever they need.
Anyways that's life right now, we don't have a whole lot else going on right now :(
That's sad about Sloan quitting! And also about the Westlake games :(
Soo.... yeah that's all, oh! I'll talk to you next week! Bye! Love y'all!
Dear Elder Williams:
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you have to be caught in "drama", but such is life. This sisters will have the opportunity to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that's what is important. It's a huge life change and better now, than later.If her divorce is only $3,000. that's a cake walk, mine was $75,000.
I remember people thought we were JW's too. Ug, not fun times. Ya' think that tag on your jacket would be a give-away!
Do the members have you over? Wouldn't it be nice to not have to cook?
You are so up-beat, I just love reading your letters! OH, photos of the apartment plz!? Ha ha, like ya' got nothin' better to do!
Love to you, Virginia