Hello Family!!! I hope you are all doing well! Well I will just dive right in with what I have to say!
Mom said "Your experience with Malcom sounded scary" (Mom also included Aunt Virginia's comment from last weeks letter on the blog.) Yeah it was a little scary, and from what I remember him telling us is that he flew choppers, so I'm thinking he had a ton of Agent Orange affect him, but he did tell us that he did not like seeing the stuff that happened there. We did go see him again Friday, he took us to his back room and talked with us. He said he read the Book of Mormon (I'm not sure if he read it all or just some) and that it IS very comparable to the Bible and that one of these days he wants to sit down and compare the 2, (we told him to compare them teaching wise) I thought it was awesome, he is making small steps and hopefully he will get that feeling he needs!
Mom asked "What is the average number of baptisms per missionary, during their whole mission?" Elder Adam told me the last time he knew it was about 5, but it has increased alot since then (that was when he got here.)
Mom asked "What happened this week that strengthened your testimony of the Savior?" My testimony has been strengthened when we are tracting and we get people who aren't interested or who already have a church. I just feel really sorry for them that they aren't willing to hear a message about truth and happiness!
Mom asked "What did you learn in your personal study this week that you didn't know before?" I don't think I learned anything new, but there were some interesting things I read. I don't have my scriptures with me right now, so I can't tell you them at the moment.
Mom asked "Tell me of an experience you had this last week following the promptings of the Holy Ghost." Yesturday after dinner we couldn't think of anyone to go see, and all of a sudden "go see the Miscannons" came into my head. So we went and saw them, we are going to try to go back sometime this week to have a lesson with them!
Mom asked "What are the rules of your mission & are you following all of them?" There are too many rules to say at this time, and I am doing my best to follow them all! There are a few changes I am going to make.
Well for the exciting highlights of my week! Last sunday we got a referral from a member (her name is Sister Gainus,) she asked us to go see her 17 year old niece Pamela. We did that Monday evening. We got to know her and taught her a few principles, and then we gave her a Book of Mormon and asked her to read it! She said that she would! We went back to her house on Thursday and asked her if she read. She said she read the Introduction amd the Testimonies of the Witnesses in school because she had forgotten to read until that day. As she was reading in class her teacher said to put it away and that she can't practice her religion in school. We thought that that was dumb! She had a few questions and we answered them. We then taught her all of Lesson 1. After I quoted the Joseph Smith experience Elder Adam asked her how that made her feel. She said it made her feel like doing the right things. He then asked her what she thought were the right things to do, and she said it was going to church, praying more, reading the scriptures, and changing some things in her life! AWESOME!! He then asked her if she would be baptized... she said "yeah, sure!" YES!! It was sweet! We then invited her to church, she said she will hopefully make it. (she unfortunately didn't make it because of some family problems,) we are going to go see her tonight!
That is pretty much the only exciting thing last week, well that and playing basketball on Saturday! Oh and I got to play Lord of the Rings Risk on Friday (a member in our ward is military and he tutors at the high school and after that they come over to the church and play games. And the kids he brings are all non-members) we didn't get very far in the game. We are gonna go over again friday!
Saturday while tracting we ran into a guy and we talked and he talked about faith in Christ, and Elder Adam was going to read from the Book of Mormon and asked if it was ok, and the guy said no, and he said that he didn't believe that the gold plates existed and nobody saw them! (he said that he did research on this) Elder Adam told him that there were 11 witnesses to see the gold plates, and he wanted to know who they were and Elder Adam said a couple names and said the others were in the front of the Book of Mormon. The guy then asked us if we knew how much the plates weighed? We told him we didn't, and he said about 230 lbs. In my head I thought, wait I thought you said you didn't think they existed. And he said that there were actually 2 sets and that someone saw Joseph Smith run like 75 yards through the forest with them, and he said that even a pro body builder couldn't do that. We were like ok whatever. And we ended shortly after that.
Well that's all for now! I Love you guys! Stay True!
Elder Williams:
ReplyDeleteI have a tee shirt, Ketchup color. W/ "I put Ketchup on my Ketchup". Is that something you can wear on P-Day??? IF NOT, I'm NOT gonna' mail it, I will just give pkg to your parents to save for "after" your mission.
Like all other missionaries' we all learn, that following every rule the mission Prisident and Prophet give us, means we are closer to the Savior, Holy Ghost and Heavenly Father. I found that the time on my mission, was the easiest time, in my life to "live the rules". Seems tougher at other times.
May the Lord, our Savior, Jesus Christ bless you in your following in his path.
love to you!
Aunt Virginia ^_^