Monday, April 16, 2012

Cameron's Letter April 15, 2012

Dear Family and Friends!!!
Yes I did get my package!!! Thank you very much for it!!! Yeah I could use some more gravy and mac and cheese and any other food you would like to send because we are running low on food and funds, after today we will be almost out for the rest of the month, so if you could send some more food that would be great!! :)
My apartment is small and there will be pictures (unless I forget to load them, but I don't think I will)! The bike riding is fine for me but Elder Chapman has difficulties at times! He is a 20 year old in a 40 year old body! No joke! Haha! He will admit to it too!
We have had members to drive us places but this county has the highest welfare users of any other county in the state! So alot of the members don't have a ton of money to take us places! And the closest places we want to get to are at least 15ish miles away! But we will do what we can!
Malcolm is doing good! He took having to wait to get baptized very well! There was a little miscommuniaction and he went to feed some horses when his ride came for church so he wasn't able to come to church! :( The average church attendance here is about 32 (not very big!). We are working with Malcolm to help him quit smoking and drinking coffee! So it's a good thing that he isn't getting baptized as soon! Gives him more time to quit!
That's awesome that Laura got a job interview!!! Good luck!! ;)
Sounds like y'all had a good week!!! :) Did y'all get my mp3 player? We did end up putting 2 recordings on if y'all didn't find them! Elder Chapman is a comedian!!! I love this Elder!!! He cracks me up!!
Well this week has been pretty good! For the past week and a half we have been going to a nursing to read the Book of Mormon to one of our investigators there and we have a less active resident joining us in the reading and we are creating alot of buzz being there reading! There is a less active who works there that says there have been alot of questions flying about us and she said we could try and do a Bible study there, and we are going to look into that! And we have been doing alot of little things to be noticed! Biking around helps, going to the nursing home, eating at Village Pizza, and just going anywhere we get people to notice us! It's great!! We are planting alot of seeds!! The members here are still working on getting us things for our apartment but they are doing the best they can!! We love these people! Well that's about it for my week.
The computer is being very slow and we need to be going, so I will load more next week and I'll get a different computer, but I'll leave y'all with a cliff hanger on what my apartment looks like! Haha! I love y'all and I can't wait to talk to you in a month!!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment