Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Dear Family and Friends!
This week was pretty good! I am pretty much over it, I cough once in a while but not much! I got the t-shirt! Thank you for it! And thank you dad for the card you sent me!!!!! It was awesome!! Yes transfers were last week, I thought I told y'all about that last week, but I'll repeat, I am staying in McRae and my new companion is Elder Weir from Jamaica! Elder Chapman went to Alma which is still in my district. I am the new District Leader again!........     
Yeah I heard there are alot of fires going on in the west! As long as home remains in tact I'll be ok! I have to have someplace to come home to! Haha! 
 
A quiet week huh? Well get use to it mum, it will be like that for about 6 more months! 
I didn't get an email from Emily, but maybe she will write one soon. Laura did email me about the returned missionary, he was my first District leader, we lived in the same apartment for the first 4 1/2 months of my mission! 
Well I didn't do much the first half of this week because Elder Chapman was packing and after District Meeting on Tuesday we went to Alma with the Alma Elders so Elder Chapman could drop off his things and then we went with them once they were all packed up to Douglas where we spent the next 2 night. Elder Chapman and I stayed in Douglas until Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. Elder Weir is my new companion. He has been out for 5 months. We went around introducing him to everyone and we had a few lessons but not much. We did some service on Saturday for a less active lady, we are building a ramp off the back porch, it still needs more work done on it but we will do that another week! Later that day we helped lay sod for an investigator in our shirts and ties, we didn't care! That's about it. We are fixin to get some rain today and tomorrow! Maybe we will be able to do something tomorrow!
This week I have come to have a better understanding for the importance of memorizing scriptures! We as a mission have been challenged to memorize the scripture masterys and I am half way through the Book of Mormon ones, I finished Alma 34:32-34 this morning! The scriptures are very important on their own, but when we memorize them the seem to become more meaningful for us! It helps in times of temptation and trial to be able to call upon a memorized scripture for help!! The scriptures are one way that our Heavenly Father talks to us and he urges us to study/read from them everyday! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and Jesus Christ lives! I know that through Him we can return to live with our loving Heavenly Father!! I want y'all to know that I LOVE Y'ALL!!! Be strong!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams   
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment