Dear Family and Friends,
I do have a Jamaican companion. It's been going good he likes
Japanese cars. Life as a District Leader is going alright I guess, Just
more I get to do! We did not have baptisms yesturday unfortunately, we
had to push them back to July 21st! It's a slow process with them.
No you didn't tell me it was Cabin weekend!
Tell everyone I says hi!! Sounds like almost the usual Cabin stuff!
I hope y'all are having fun at the Cabin!
Well this week was pretty good! The first half of it wasn't too
good, we didn't have much to do. Thursday we were able to get a member
to take us to Lumber City a small town about 20 miles outside McRae and
we went looking for potential investigators and we found a couple of
them and found some new people! The first apartment we went to the lady
we were looking for didn't live there anymore and the guy that was there
invited us in and we taught the Restoration! His dad came in and when
he found out we were Mormons he said that he was baptized into the
Church when he was 8 or 9 but stopped going. Byron was the guy who
invited us in and he accepted the Book of Mormon and wanted to read and
pray about it! As we were about to leave his dad asked us if we wanted
to stay for lunch and we said sure! We had BBQ chicken, greens, and
corn! They said they would come to church! :) The next place was
literally right next door and a guy opened and invited us in instantly!
His name is Sean and he is about 21, his mom was there too and another
guy, I think a friend. We were going to talk about the Book of Mormon
and when I pulled it out Sean asked if we had an extra copy and we said
yes! We gave both him and his mom a copy to read and they said they
would come to church if we called them Sunday morning!! We walked around
to the other side of town and found 2 more people who accepted a copy
of the Book of Mormon or a Restoration pamphlet!! And all of them except
Sean (didn't know if he would be working Wednesday or not) accepted a
return appointment!!! We are excited to go back out there!!
We also had a good lesson with Joe! We read Alma 34 and he asked us
again if he lived with God before this life why would he want to come
down here to Earth to experience life. We told him it is because he
wanted to, and he gave us a look like "WHAT?!?" we explained more and
then I felt that I should read D&C 122:5-7 to him and he LOVED it!!
He wants a card with that one it! So I will be doing that here in a
minute!
Sunday evening we had a missionary fireside where returned
missionaries in the branch, the Stake President and 1st councilor, and
President Jensen spoke about their missions and how they blessed
them! It was awesome!! Alot of people came!!
Well I think that will do for this email! I love y'all and try not
to party too hard at the Cabin!! Oh! Do I have a cartoon drawing of
myself there?!?!?!?!?!??


If you do, you should save it!!! I love y'all and tell everyone I love them too!!!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment