Friday, August 17, 2012

August 13, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,
I am doing good! I hope y'all are enjoying being in Canada! It actually isn't too hot yet, it has been overcast for a good portion on August, we have been told that August is the hottest month of the year! That's awesome that Tannin is now in Florida!! What?!? Dakota's date was pushed back?!? That's gotta be tough! I was anxious to go into the MTC!! We might try a pancake breakfast, we will have to see if it can be arranged. Shawn and Sarah are doing good, no I haven't told them about me having a cousin named Sean and him marrying a girl named Sarah, but I can!

Sounds like y'all are having alot of fun in Canada!! Tell everybody that I said hi and I miss them!! I missed out on a "French" family softball tournament!! That stinks!!! That sounds like fun!! Well I hope y'all don't get too wet!!

This week was pretty good, we had a good start to the week and on Thursday it was a very slow day!! And we got soaked in some rain! It wasn't fun!! We have taught a good amount of people this week! Saturday we went back to Joe and Anita, we gave them a 2 week break, and Anita had read some with the girls and she felt happy doing it, she told us the first day she didn't recognize it but the second day she did and she liked it! They kinda grilled us as to why we left. we told them that we felt we were pressuring too much and wanted to give them time to read and not feel pressured. Anita asked if we didn't come by because we felt it wasn't doing any good, and we said yes and no, she said that she liked us coming by. We think they will progress now and will change! It was awesome!! Yesturday we had a short lesson with Shawn and Sarah, they were going to come to church, but we completely forgot it was Stake Conference (we were to go to Douglas for a satelite broadcast from Tifton) until Friday and when we told them Shawn said that he was on call Sunday and if he did get called in it would take him a long time to get back and get his things and go wherever he was supposed to. But we made the Plan of Salvation out of a foam board so we could show more details and visuals. We laid it out before them and asked them to put it together in order and they did pretty good! Only 2 in the worng spots, Shawn told us he is fascinated with the Kingdoms of Glory! Next Sunday they said they would come to Church!
Oh and back on Tuesday we had a lesson with our investigator named Oscar and we taught about Through Christ we can be Cleansed and Faith and reviewed the Word of Wisdom. We then asked him if he had the faith that God would help him quit smoking right then and he said yes, we asked if he would be willing to give us his cigarettes and he did!! We told him God would bless him for his faith! Unfortunately we haven't made contact with him since and that's not good! We are going try back as soon as possible!

Well I want y'all to know how much I love you and I know that Jesus Christ lives!!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment