Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cameron's Letter March 7, 2011

As far as cooking the last 2 P-days I have made chili and the other elders LOVE it (Especially Elder Vincent, he and Elder Bond live with us and their area is Pace which is about as far away from Milton as Orem is from Provo.) That's really the only cooking I have done. Most days we go to members houses for dinner. It's awesome!!!! Saves alot of money! But lunches I have made myself sub sandwiches like I made at Village Pizza (they are really good!) or I find some leftovers or something. And we use a car to get around in!

I am doing great! I love my mission, and I greatly appreciate my companion, he is teaching me alot, there are some small things I have to get use to, but that's life!

Now for this weeks events. I'm not going to type as long a letter but I am going to do the highlights! Last Tuesday we had a Mission Conference where Elder Packer of the 70 came. There were some things said that kinda made it sound like we should focus on the numbers. Which confused me a little. We went to the ward mission leaders house for dinner and to wait until we were going to go help some members move stuff into their house. While waiting we played "Disney Scene It" which confused me because I didn't know if it was a good thing to do (plus it also doesn't help that it was on party mode and we did it for at least an hour- an hour and a half. I think that was the part that bugged me the most. But after helping move I felt like we accomplished something!

Wednesday we did service for a lady who might become an investigator (we raked leaves and cleaned out the gutters) We taught Savannah, Jamie, and Jada (Foret girls). And we couldn't get someone who could speak spanish to come with us to see Askana, so we did what we could and then fellowshipped with her and her cousin (Katrina, we are going to sing happy birthday to Katrina when we go over tomorrow) Then we went and got Robert some shoes and a belt to go with his suit! He looked awesome! He can't wait to wear it to church!

Thursday we did weekly planning. Then we attempted to go see a referral from another missionary, but when we got to the address and knocked a lady opened the glass door and said not interested and closed the door and walked away. Elder Adam was doing the talking after, he asked if she could help us find someone, twice, but she ignored us. So we left. Then we had another lesson with Savannah, Jamie and Jada, but we didn't teach a whole lot because they were all over the place. After dinner we went to see Brenda Braun and she told us that she had a great week. For 30 years she has not taken the sacrament or felt like she was worthy to go to the temple, but she finally figured out the problem. She was excommunicated from the Catholic church because she got a divorse, and she thought that the excommunication was for every church. We told her that she hasn't been excommunicated from our church, so she CAN take the sacrament and she CAN go to the temple! It was awesome! She teaches herself when we go over there!

Friday we did service half of the day. We helped the Sorensen's with building a barn for their goats and a few other things, then we went with a new member of the ward to Pensacola to get stuff out of storage and helped move him into his house. Then after we showered and got ready, we went to teach Kevin and Joey. Joey was taught about strength in the Lord, he has tried to quit smoking but hasn't been successful, we commited him to stop cold turkey on March 13! He gladly excepted! Kevin was taught about praying and it's importance. And he accepted the commitment to pray every day.

Saturday we played basketball!!!! It was great! I feel like the Lord is helping me out with my basketball skills! Today it was POURING! There was a TON of rain. We were going to go do service, but that didn't happen because of the rain. Then we had lessons with members the rest of the day.

Sunday was a good day! There were alot of people at church! We had a good lesson with Tasha, Kevin, and Joey! After church Savannah wanted us to come teach her a lesson so we did. Jada is CRAZY!!!! She is all over the place and thinks everything is funny! So while I preoccupied Jada, Elder Adam taught Savannah about baptism. We commited Savannah and Jamie to be baptized on April 30th. The reason it is so far away is because they have extremely short attention spans and we can only teach them a little bit at a time. We have come to realize that a reason why the girls are the way they are is because they don't get much disipline and they watch rated R movies, the girls are 7,8, and 9 years old. They don't get scared of them but they watch them.

Anyway that was my week! Happy Birthday Laura!!! Sorry there isn't anything from me, I'm a poor missionary.... haha just kidding, it's because I forgot to get you a card. I'll look at cards today when we go shopping.

So since I have got here I have not gone a day when I haven't heard sirens! But it doesn't help that there is a hospital in our backyard. Also the weather is VERY nice (before the storm) we got up to high 70's!!! And you guys are still in the 30's!!! HAhAHAHa! But I do want to say this I am very grateful to you mom and dad for being consistent in praying and reading the book of mormon with us and that you kept me "sheltered" from the worldly things! And also for teaching me the principles of the gospel! I love you guys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment