Monday, May 9, 2011

Cameron's Letter May 9, 2011

Dear Family,
Yes it was indeed great to see and talk to ya'll! It was awesome! I am EXTREMELY grateful that the Lakers are out! And they were swept! MWAHAHAHA!!!

My mission has changed me a ton! I have read the scriptures more than I ever have and I learn from it by talking with the other Elders in the apartment! I have also come alot closer to God and I believe he is changing my weaknesses! And the feeling I get from helping people come unto Christ is the greatest feeling anyone could feel on this Earth!

We really haven't done much service for those we teach because whenever we ask them if they need help with anything they always say no. Most of the service we have done is for members and I think it helps form more trust between us (which is good).

Here are the events of my week.
Last monday after we emailed and shopped we went with some member kids and rode our bikes on the Blackwater River Trail! It was a lot of fun, but after my behind was very sore! It was a fun thing to do on our P-day!

We are teaching a boy named Seyveon, and he has had a very rough life, he is 17 and has been kicked out of many schools. We are trying to help him come closer to Christ so that it can help his life get a lot better! Also we are teaching Laura D, she suffers from depression and a couple other things, we are also trying to help her because we know that the gospel can help her out! We finally got hold of Allen on Wednesday! It was great! He was still interested and he had been reading in the Book of Mormon! He also came to church! We keep trying to get in to talk with a potential investigator but she is extremely busy! We hopefully will be able to get in with her this week, (her name is Marie). We checked on another potential named Mike, but he did some research into our church and said that he didn't like the way we did some things (he didn't like how we had the president of the church and 12 apostles mostly). We gave him a Book of Mormon to read and hopefully he will read it with a sincere heart!
We are going to try 2 new ways of finding: We are putting a "free" ad in the local newspaper for a scriptrue study class, and we are going to put our names on the clergy list at the local hospital to help people in crisis or who want to see someone! Hopefully we can get investigators from it! And Saturday was Pamala's baptism! It was great! She is really grateful to us for teaching her the gospel! It's a great feeling! Baptisms are great! I will include some pictures.

Well that's it for this letter! I hope ya'll enjoyed it! I love ya'll!

Love,
Elder Cameron Williams

1 comment:

  1. 10 GIFTS TO BRING HOME FROM YOUR MISSION
    by: President Gordon B. Hinkley

    1. Knowledge of God and Christ.

    2. Knowledge and love for scriptures.

    3. Increased love for parents.

    4. Love people who you serve.

    5. Appreciation for hard work.

    6. Knowledge of importance of teamwork.

    7. Recognition of importance of good dress and demeanor.

    8. Appreciation of the beauty and value of personal virtue.

    9. Faith to act and courage to try.

    10. Humility to pray.


    DEAR ELDER WILLIAMS:

    Something I got from a former missionary. His dad had sent to him, while he was on his mission. Pray you enjoy reading it as much as I did.

    Gary took Braxton & I to Elder Ky Raymond's missionary farewell yesterday. He leaves Wednesday to the MTC to learn Russian. It was a nice time for all. His talk was @ 1pm and we have found that by then, Braxton has lost more energy! I'm sure you knew, your cousin Ky, played on college basketball team in Virginia. He's fun and way good w/ Braxton too. Sure wish we got to see the Williams side of the family more. Gary's very close to Uncle Gary's kids. Guess, he saw them a lot, during his college years @ BYU. Anyhow. I know you are a wonderful missionary. Not into the horseplay and things that would drive the Spirit away and show a bad example for those around you. YOU are one in a million!!!! We love you and pray, daily for your success in working for our Savior. We will move, Memorial Day weekend to Cedar Fort, Utah. Gary is really excited to be moving closer to his family and so am I. May the Holy Ghost be with you day and night! love to you, Aunt Virginia.

    ReplyDelete