Monday, May 23, 2011

Cameron's Letter May 23, 2011

Dear Family,
Richie is going to Mongolia?!? That's crazy! They had better watch out because he WILL convert the entire country! Well I guess Richie will be at the Cabin before he goes!

Wow we haven't gotten rain for about 2ish weeks, and I guess that it is suppossed to rain sometime soon, and alot of the people down here feel like this hurricane season that they won't get off easy. So I may get to be in a hurricane.

How has my faith increased? Well with all the scripture studying I do I read alot about the scriptures and it has helped me to know that if I remain faithful to this work and the Lord then I will be a better person and I will become more steadfast and immovable!

Well this week wasn't a great week, we found a lady while tracting last sunday and we went back on tuesday and taught lesson 1 and set a time to go back on thursday but she wasn't home thursday. We left a passalong card and told her to call us. We got a call, but it was from her boyfriend, and he told us not to come back and that she was too shy to tell us she wasn't interested. He also said that if yall don't watch tv why give her DVD's and confuse her (we told her that just as missionaries don't watch tv, I guess we will have to be more specific next time) that put a bad mood over us, and we were going to have a scripture study class later, nobody showed up for it. Also this week alot of our appointments with investigators fell through and so we only had about 4-5 lessons with investigators. A very slow week. Pamala finally came back from a road trip so we got in with her and started the new member lessons. We actually got her brother Lane to let us come back and teach him the gospel, so we got a new investigator outta him. The Tasha and Kevin are doing fine, Kevin and Joey got into a fight and Kevin kicked Joey out. Joey wasn't willing to change his ways, he was more of just a 3 hour Mormon, like he said what we as Mormons taught is true, but he doesn't live it unfortunately. The girls are doing well too and actually their friend Ladessa (lives next door) has been coming to teach with them and she I guess asked to come to church. We are going to see if she would like to have lessons taught to her. Oh and Kevin sprained his ankle playing basketball haha! Is there a difference between rolling an ankle and spraining an ankle?

I presume yall survived the Rapture on Saturday haha we have been making fun of that guy because we know that no man knows the time nor the hour!
Oh!!! I almost forgot! We have an investigator named Ronald, the Pace missionaries found him and set a BCD with him on the first lesson! They found out he lived in our area, and gave him to us. His baptism was set for this saturday but that isn't going to work out so we have to push it back a week or 2, but he is AWESOME!!! (He says "that's awesome!" alot) We are going to meet with him tonight! It's exciting! So yeah, that's all of my week, I hope you all are doing well and I love yall! Stay true to the faith!

Love,
Elder Cameron Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment