Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cameron's Letter Oct 10, 2011

Dear Family and Friends!

HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!

I am staying in Alma for the next 6 weeks! My bike tires are doing very well so far! I'm just hoping we don't hit another rash of flat tires! The weather the past 3 days has been very cloudy and it rained a little yesturday and i has rained all today! :( It's a gloomy feeling with the clouds! It is starting to cool off!! I like that!
Thank you very much for the recipe!! I can't wait to make it!!!
Well thank you Emily for being concerned about me!

Yeah my last email was sent to Kamber because she can't recieve snail mail at SUU at I asked her if she would like me to email my weekly email to her and she said yes. So yeah! :)

I don't know why the computer is doing that! haha! I'm not sure what I can do! These computers I don't think are the fastest but they work for emailing.

I can't believe that my birthday is in less than 3 weeks and Halloween will be RIGHT after it and then Thanksgiving will go by, then Christmas (and I get to call!!!!), then New years, and then my year mark!!! That's crazy!!!! Time is flying by!!!

That's great that you were finally able to go back to work mum!!! :) I hope all went well at the doctors appointment! What?!? Laura DROVE to Thanksgiving Point?!?!? That's not normal!! Halloween episodes! Hahhhhhhh! I remember those days! What are y'all gonna be for Halloween???

What?!? The van can't start breaking down!!! It's only 5 years old!
Yay!!!! BYU won!!!!!! They can still do it!!

The Stake got split?!? I guess I figured it would! Will our building be the new stake center? That's great that President Johnson is the Stake President!! At least I will know him when I get back instead of someone completely new that I don't know very well!

Dang Westlake!! Oh well.

Emily you get to feeling better and stop getting rashes!!

This week was another slow week, Tuesday Elder Horning was starting to get dizzy after lunch so we stayed in for 2-3 hours, then he got feeling better and we went out and tried to see a bunch of people but no luck :( and now it's starting to get darker sooner so we now have to come in earlier (because we have been told it is not safe to be out in Alma after dark, so we don't even chance it). The next day we went out in the morning and then came back in for lunch and we got a call that some members were going to bring us food and that they would call when they were on their way from Wal-mart. So since we didn't know when they would call we stayed in, and we waited and waited and waited for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, then we called and they said they would be here in about 30 minutes (we were feeling like we should have gone out and worked for that time!) and they were (they= the Juarez's). Then we had about an hour to go work before we would have to come back and drop off the bikes to go visit some people with our Branch mission leader (Brother Worthington) so we rode to 20th street and when we got there we realized we only had about 20 minutes to knock on doors before we had to go back. And then after we saw people with Bro. Worthington we came back and had coordination meetings for the rest of the night. We have coordination meetings every wednesday from 6 til the end of the night.

Thursday was a little better, we saw a few people. Friday we did service for Sister White, chopping wood and pulling logs to her burn pile and then we came back and had lunch and showered up and then went and saw Bro Dixon (he just went through the temple for the first time!) to talk with him about his trip to the temple! It was great to think back on going to the temple!!! He really liked it! Saturday we did alot of biking! We had to have gone at least 20 miles! And every stop nobody was home! Until came to some members house and get this their last name is Lasseters! Brother Lasseter was working on a car when we came up and we talked with him for a while! And he showed us his grills and tractors he has for tractor pulling!! Then we had the high light of the week!! We had a lesson with a man named James!! And missionaries have talked with him in the past but they were always short intervals of the missionaries uplift him and then he would comment, then he would be invited to church, and then they would say a prayer and leave. We actually TAUGHT HIM!!!! And when we were talking he could tell we were being sincere! And when we were talking about the Book of Mormon he got excited to go in an read it and test Moroni's promise!! And he said if he finds this to be true he will be baptized!!! YAY!!!!!! That was THE BEST lesson Elder Horning and I have had since we have been together and it was THE BEST lesson I have had since I have been here!!! It lifted our spirits high!! And all the way home I was praising Heavenly Father!! It was the best!!!
I am reading in 2 Nephi 20-21 and honestly I am not getting much from Isaiah. haha! But I will keep reading!! Thank y'all some much for your prayers and the encouragement I get from y'all! I love each and everyone of you who are reading this!!!!
Until next week I bid Ado!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment