Hello Family and Friends!!!
That's pretty cool that Manny is coming on his mission here! I found out that another guy I went to Westlake with is already here! I knew it was only a matter of time before someone(s) I knew was going to be coming here!
That's good that you are making new friends Emily! And don't worry about having a boyfriend! Not until you are 35 years old!!! hahahaha!! Ok maybe not that old, but no boyfriends right now!!
Yes I have dried out! No rain lately. Our new investigators are doing... ok... (I'll talk about that in a minute)
Yes I got my mp3 player!! Thank you very much for putting everything on!!! Elder Horning and I love it all! Oh! And in the recording Laura said she was going to see something before me, and I didn't hear what it was so I can't get mad at her just yet! hahaha! ;) But Laura I have LONG arms!!! Mwahahahahaha!!!
I like chocolate covered strawberries and caramel apples!! And I have a request (if possible), do y'all have an home made strawberry jam that y'all could send me? After having that stuff and switching to smucker's is different because the home made jam is in a higher bracket! And I don't wanna fall into the rut! And that is ok if I just get those things! Stickers I was thinking of were maybe like Star Wars, dinosaurs, transformers, just any that y'all think I would like! :) I am not really sure what all we will be doing on my birthday, but we are going to Subway for either lunch or dinner (a member might feed us dinner, but we aren't sure yet).
It sounds like a better week for y'all! That's great that your treatments are done!!! I have kept you in my prayers! That's great that BYU won!!! A good confidence booster before they play TCU!!! That will be a tough game! That's good that y'all are spending time together! "Love is spelt t-i-m-e!!!" I can't wait to get pictures of Emily's room!! You and dad went to a resturant called "Nacho Libre" ?!? That's pretty funny!!! haha!
This was a slow week. We didn't have more that 5 lessons, maybe even no more than 3 or something like that! I don't know why but we aren't having much success. And James dropped us, he said that he wants to stick with the King James and his Baptist belief. And we have had no luck in finding people. On friday (I think) we walked up and down the major road in Alma (we walked about 10ish miles maybe) just to be seen by people, we got alot of people to wave, we got alot of laughs, and a couple of shouts. But the best highlight I'd say would be yesturday we went to see a less active guy named Lesly, and when we pulled up he was outside talking with a (girl)friend and then we realized that she was holding a Plan of Salvation pamphlet! He said that he was telling her about where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going!! It was pretty cool! But then he allowed us to take over and talk with her! We taught her about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon! She thought it was great! Her name is Octavia! And we found out that she doesn't live in our area ( NO!!!!) but in another mission just south of us! So we told her that she could go on mormon.org to look for the local building and to try and get missionaries to talk with her! She said that she never was part of one church and that she would float around to different churches, but she really liked that our church can be found all over! And she wants to join so hopfully the missionaries can get in contact with her!! But that's really all that happened this week.
But I am going to keep going! We are feeling more and more sorrowful about how many people aren't wanting to listen to us! Like the prophets in the scriptures mourning for the harden hearts of the people! But we are going to keep on going! Just like them!
Reading in the Book of Mormon is great!! I love having the scriptures to read!! They bring great comfort to me!! I am in Mosiah 15 now (I am ahead of schedule, I'm not suppose to be at this point until wednesday!) and I love it!! There are some many good examples of scriptures to use in teaching and to lift our spirits because alot of the spiritual things we have had lately have been in companion studies! We have been role playing and going through a new first 12 weeks program for new missionaries and their trainers (even though we aren't either, it has been great to work on some things to get better at!)! Thanks for the scripture reference! We (elder horning and I) need to keep relying on Christ!!
Well I think that will do it for me this week! Thank you for the Birthday wishes! It will be a little different birthday than I am use to!
But I love y'all and can't wait until next week to hear from ya!!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment