Dear Everyone who will be readint this,
Working with members is good, but it will take a bit for it to really get up to speed!
Let me know how Emily's games go!! As long as she is having fun she will do great!! Is she the tallest in the league? It wouldn't surprise me if she is!! Haha!!
Y'all sound like a fun week! Dad stop getting sick!!! (Speaking of sick, I woke up early Sunday morning with a parched mouth and I went and got a drink of water. When I got back into bed my stomach started hurting and it felt like I had to throw up! So I went back into the bathroom and grabbed the bucket in there just in case, and I threw up. It wasn't alot but afterwards I felt alot better!! I think it might have been some food that wasn't completely cooked! But I prayed and went back to sleep and woke up feeling better! And I am doing great right now!) Laura is in Tech?!? Since when?!? How come I didn't know about that?!? That's cool though!! I have had some friends who were in Tech and they really liked it!! Awwww!!! Laura went on a date!!! How cute!!! Hope she had fun! Laura you should go to Prom!! It's your last chance to!!! Talk about it around the guy you want to ask you!!! See if that will work!!! I know it's not til at least March, but still!! Think about it!!
I'm glad that you are buying these DVDs because I'm gonna watch them when I come home in 14ish months!! The last email I got from Laura was Sept 19th, so unless she has sent some since then then I haven't gotten them. Sorry.
Yeah we heard about the missionaries killed in Texas! We got a text from President Jensen on Wednesday morning with an urgent request that we all be extra cautious on our bikes! I didn't know that one had finished his mission!?! But that's rough! I hope that their families will be blessed too!
Well this week I went to Douglas for a tradeoff Tuesday and Wednesday Morning. I was with Elder Randall and it was kinda slow, we couldn't get in with anyone until about 7:30 that night. In the morning (Wednesday) we went to see a former investigator, but they didn't answer so we knocked on some doors around it and we talked with an old lady, she said that she doesn't want to listen unless she can teach us stuff about her church. She told us that we need to read the word of God and pray to find the truth. That's when we both bore testimony of the Book of Mormon being the word of God along with the Bible! Unforotunately I think she chose to ignore it because she repeated it a couple more times before we left. She told us that it is false doctrine that we can become like God (I later remembered a scripture that Elder Adam loved to use and I can't believe that I had forgotten it! It was Romans 8:16-17! I wish I would have remembered that!) She also said that the Bible says that you aren't supposed to add to or take away from the Bible, and we told her that we aren't adding to the Bible, but she didn't believe us. She was shocked when Elder Randall said that through reading the Book of Mormon he hasn't found anything that contradicts the Bible, but unfortunately she didn't listen. I was sad that she wasn't willing to listen. Then on Thursday we were able to go and talk with George again! He LOVES to talk! We need to take over and control the conversation because we aren't always talking about the basics. He keeps trying to go for deep doctrine! He asked us to get him copies of the "Teachings of the Presidents" manuels! We are slowly working on it. On Saturday we went over to Sister White's again and did service. I built a fire! It took a bit but I got it working! And we started chopping down a tree and when it was almost ready to come down I took over and chopped it down! The only bad part was that I broke the ax... the head came completely off of the ax!! So I bought a new ax handle for Sister White. But that's about it for this week!
I love y'all and take care of yourselves please!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment