Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cameron's Letter Nov 7, 2011

Guten Tag mine Familia und Fruends!! ( I don't know if I spelt those right, and I know there is at least 2 different languages in there!)

The cake was very good!! Oh I don't really care what others thing anymore, they can say I'm spoiled and I will say "Yep!!" I liked the things in my package!! I wasn't quite expecting so much candy, but it's ok! It will last me for a while!! Some of the Pringles were broken up and a few oreos were missing an edge or so but they were still edible! The Star Wars suckers are good!! (You know me mum!! ) I have put stickers on alot of things! And I gave half of the panda stickers to Elder Chapman because he LOVES pandas! I was also a little confused as to why you sent a stuffed panda, but I have renamed him and I like him alot! His name is Yao "King of the Desk"! We did use the Subway card for dinner, thank you very much!! Other franchises are Mac Donalds, Dairy Queen, and Carl's Jr (although down here it is called Hardee's), but those are just here in Alma. There are alot more in Douglas! I got the Mac and Cheese! Thank you!! I can't wait to have some! We have some leftovers that we need to finish off first and then I will make some!! No thank you, I got a copy of the Ensign from the mission. Every Ensign will go to each companionship and the conference Ensign will be given to each missionary so we can have our copy! It's great!! Though it's not quite the same as listening because there are somethings that are said that aren't put in the Ensign! We did not get any trick or treaters unfortunately :(
.... We aren't teaching Monique anymore... We went by on Tuesday to see how she was doing and when she opened the door and saw us she said,"Oh, no!" and walked down the hallway and grabbed the copy of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration pamphlet and gave them back to us saying that she isn't interested. We asked her what happened and she said she just wasn't interested anymore. We suspect she got antied because nobody would react like that when seeing us or acting like the Book of Mormon was poisonous unless they got antied. We told her she might get antied and asked if she would let us explain ourselves before closing the door on learning more, and she said she would, but she didn't. Now that is just what we got from it. We don't know exactly why.

That's sounds like an unusual Halloween!?! It was warm?!? Usually it is cool or snowing! But I can't wait to be back at home for Halloween! Did you get any pictures of Laura and Emily in their costumes and of the pumpkins y'all carved? If you did would you kindly send some in the next email or you can mail them. (Either way) OH!!!! Just thought I'd let you know, I made Chili for supper!! I kept up with tradition!!! But I didn't have corn beard either, mostly because I don't know how to make it!

That's good that Emily likes her room! Send pictures when you can!!!

Yes I did get the wedding announcement of Robbie and Cammie! It was great! It's also weird to think that I am growing up too!! That's great that Sean is engaged!!! Yay!!!

That stinks that Sister Thompson is in the hospital!! That's no fun at all! I hope she gets better soon!!!

That's cool that they have a Charlie Brown band!?! And another snowman for the snowman band!!! I can't wait to hear them!!! Don't over play them to make them not work please!!!

You know that's pretty funny! I was actually thinking about that a couple days ago, "I wonder if there have been any changes in ward or Young Men's" But that's cool that there has been a change!

I got a NEW sister?!?!? What is Emilou like?!? Can she fit in a Tigger costume?!? I take it she can't unless there is one big enough for a girl in Middle school (which there could be!)! Why didn't you tell me y'all were adopting?!? And she is stealing all of Emily's friends!! You have to send a picture of Emilou!!!

Well this week we had Zone Conference on Wednesday so that took up most of our day! But it was great! We discussed the Importance of Members in missionary work! And we decided we are going to start working more with members, because as missionaries we are supposed to build up the branches or wards we are serving in and of course baptisms are apart of that but since we are struggling with getting investigators we are going to make sure every house hold in the Branch has a copy of Preach My Gospel and actively studies out of it. It will help members with missionary work and get them excited to do so! Because getting referrals (friends of members) from members then their friends will be more likely to stay in the Church because they already know someone in the Church! That is the way we are starting to go. President Jensen told a story about a mission in Africa. The Chruch wasn't very well established there and with approval from the area seventy's presidency, for 120 days the missionaries are going to stop finding on their own (no tracting) and work on building up the branches they are serving. And the cool part is that their work doubled from doing that! So that is what we are trying to do right now, but we still will be doing some things on our own. And so far we have had great support from the members here and we are going to keep going!
On Friday we were going through the former investigators in the Area Book and decided we were going to try and contact all the "formers." And we ended up at a lady named Trina. She talked with us for a few minutes and she said we could come back Sunday, and then her husband (Donnie, I think that's how it's spelt) came to the door and talked with us for a little bit. Then he asked if we wanted something to drink and we said "sure, if you are willing" and they invited us in! Then we talked about alot of things: things we as missionaries and members are advised not to do, hunting, wild dogs (that live behind their house and coyotes and red wolfs, and that it isn't a good idea to ride our bikes done there after dark! It's a good thing we had our car!), their humanitarian efforts, and what we do as missionaries! It was great! Then they gave us some toilet-trees, gillette razors, an electric toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and deodorant! It was great! They had a TON because Trina does couponing! And they help out a local battered womens place, and we thought that that was pretty cool! But when we came back on Sunday, they forgot about the time change otherwise they would have had us come sooner because since it was getting dark sooner and Donnie had stuff he needed to do, so we talked with them for a little bit. But that is my week!

I love y'all very much! Don't die!!!

Love,
Elder Cameron Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment