Dear Family and Friends!!!
Crestview is great!! The first 3 days I was here we biked about 50ish miles!!! I wouldn't mind it as much, but we go up and down alot of hills and going up the hills uses up alot of my energy. I am working on getting better. Elder Kanis is a truck! He can go none stop!! It's hard for me to keep within 50 feet at times! Elder Kanis is from Kaysville, UT and he goes home Dec 19th (this is part of why I think I might be home for Christmas next year, his release date is in January but President Jensen is sending all the missionaries going home next transfer on the 19th, and since my release date is in January 2013 I might get to come home for Christmas. Not that is not for sure, I will probably find out within the next 4ish months because they need to have plenty of time to coordinate things), he has been in Crestview for the last year! Pretty much since I have been on my mission! My other companion is Elder Wintrode, he is from Napa, ID. He knows one of my previous companions (Elder Leyba, the one I trained) from high school. He has only been out 3 months. I am in the Crestview 2nd ward and they are AWESOME!!!!! They do great member missionary work!!! I'll explain why in a minute.
My Thanksgiving was great!!!! We started out the day playing football for about 3 hours!! We had a bunch of people from both the 1st and 2nd wards and some nonmembers! It was great to play football again!!! And it was pretty warm!! It started out in the 50's but about half way through it warmed up to the 60's so it was a great day for football!!! I sled in the mud after catching the ball on the sideline and losing my balance!! haha! It was pretty cool! After football we came home and showered and changed into shirt and tie and went to the Church for our 1st meal! It was great! There was a ton of food, the only thing I think could have been better were the mashed potatoes! They were either kinda runny or still chunks of potatoes not mashed! They should have mashed the potatoes more, but they were still good! After that we went out to a less active members mom's house for our 2nd meal! It was good I had turkey, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and some rolls! Then we went to an investigators house for our 3rd and final meal! It was mexican style, I ate as much as I could but I still left alot on my plate. It was a great day!!
Being District Leader is going good so far, my first District meeting is tomorrow and I am a little nervous for it... the basics of what I do is teach the other missionaries, be an example, and make sure everyone else in the District are doing well.
Thank you so much for fixing my glasses! You can send them whenever, I'm not in any rush. To save on money you can just send them in the Christmas package.
Sounds like y'all had a pretty good Thanksgiving!! Did you have seasoned rolls???? You should have!!! Can't wait til we can celebrate it together again!!!!
This week has been pretty good! We have biked a TON (It's good for me)! And we have a good size pool of investiagtors! We have a woman who has a baptismal date for Dec 13th! So that is exciting!! And the ward are awesome member missionaries!!! This one family (the Toolan's) are pretty legit! They invited us over for lunch yesturday and Katie (their 17 year old daughter) invited 2 nonmember friends and after we ate we watched an EFY video on the Book of Mormon and then discussed it and answered some of their questions!! And the Toolan's talked alot!! They weren't silent like in other lessons I have had with investigators!! They were AMAZING!!! I was very impressed with them and also, I felt bad because I wasn't nearly as good a member missionary when I was back home!! I will step it up though when I come home!!! But yeah! That's pretty much it for this week!! I love y'all!!!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment