Dear Family and Friends!
That is so weird that Jamie is now home!?!?! I get $133 a month and I think it might be easier for y'all to read about it in the White handbook pg 43 because there is alot that it talks about us using money from the mission and money from home. But basically the money we get from the mission is for food, laundry (if needed), postage (if needed), and things for our apartments. Well the things about a Celestial Missionary that influenced me the most would probably be just doing all you can and always do your best! I wasn't being a Celestial missionary completely but I wasn't completely a Telestial Missionary. So I decided to step it up!
Wow!! It sounds like Jamie was a busy bee! Haha! I hope my homecoming will be just as jam packed!! Haha!! I am very jealous that Jamie went moontanning!!! I'm mostly jealous because when I come home it will be too cold to go moontanning!!
Haha!! That awesome that Jamie won Mario Party!! Even more hilarious that Laura's controler may or may not have been tampered with!! Haha!!
Ok there are a couple things I wanna say before I forget them, they aren't important, but one is very funny!
Ok, so is there any way that you can send me an easy or medium copy of the BYU fight song please? I want to learn it and play it at my last Zone Conference!
And now for the funny part! There is a lady that we are trying to teach, and one day she was talking about how much she loves to fish and how her son is so good at fishing that he talks to the fish to get them to bite, so I said his a "fish whisperer?" and she said yep! Haha!! I laughed at that alot in myself because nobody else would know it! :)
And now for the funny part! There is a lady that we are trying to teach, and one day she was talking about how much she loves to fish and how her son is so good at fishing that he talks to the fish to get them to bite, so I said his a "fish whisperer?" and she said yep! Haha!! I laughed at that alot in myself because nobody else would know it! :)
That's it for those things!
This week has been good, we are still going to the nursing home, and Joyce was supposed to quit smoking on May 3rd but she changed her mind and said she wasn't ready. It was just a bummer really because she is the one who set the date, but we figured she wouldn't be able to quit yet because she likes to smoke and it's hard for someone who likes to smoke to overcome it! And a cool experience that happened on Saturday is we went to see an investigator and enjoy a barbeque too! We get there and he is tipsy and he said he forgot when we were coming but said that there was some leftovers that we could have. He invited us in and we talked with him and his wife for a few minutes, then he goes over to the couch and passes out! We then talk to his wife and it started out us explaining what we as missionaries do and then she kinda told us about a miscarriage of one of her babies and how it was supposed to live but it didn't. She said she was angry with God and she turned to beer to overcome it, but she realized that it wasn't helping and right before the miscarriage she made a commitment to get saved and then it all happened. We taught her about the will of God and how these things do happen, but they can be overcome by the atonement of Jesus Christ! We also told her about families being together forever and I think that peeked an interest! After it all she said that she didn't know why she told us all that because she doesn't really know us and that something told her to tell it to us! We told her it was the Spirit! We are going to go back on Tuesday and we are excited about that! It all happened about the same time as Elder Chapman's brother going through the Temple for his endowments!
Well this week is transfers and we are both staying in McRae! We figured we would! We are both hoping that we can stay here a while! I just don't want to get transferred because then I have to pack up and leave again! I'm tired of moving around alot! So maybe I will be able to stay!
I think that will do it for this email, I probably won't be able to Skype, but I will call around 4-5pm y'alls time. If I am able to Skype then we will set it up when I call!
The Book is blue and the Church is true!! Keep reading the Book of Mormon!!
Love,
Elder Cameron Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment