Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cameron's Letter June 13, 2011

Dear Family,
Yes I have amazing sand castle building skills!

Kitty Litter cake!
1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
2 large packages vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
1 large package vanilla sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Roll candies
You'll also need:
1 new kitty litter pan
1 new kitty litter pan liner
1 new pooper scooper
Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.
When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.
Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.
Put 3 unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top. For the coup de gras take one Tootsie Roll and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!
Further notes: I had a reader write in saying this recipe only needed half the amount of pudding. I personally liked the cake with the amount given in this recipe. But feel free to use this as a loose guideline, use more or less as you see the need. Also, since the layer of cookies (with the chloropyll green specks, covers the top, you could really use any flavor or flavors or cakes underneath. Last but not least, you can also opt not to crumble the cakes, but rather layer them in the pan with the layers of pudding in between (much like you would layer a trifle into a trifle dish), sprinkle the top layer of pudding with a heavy layer of crumbled cookies. Same effect, different texture entirely to the dessert.

Yes I got a package and a new companion Wednesday and also rain! The package was great thank you so much for everything! Umm I guess the thing that surprised me the most was the Fiber One items, but that's ok they are good! I haven't had a brownie yet but I will! My new companion is Elder Leyba and he is from Idaho in the Boise area. He is a good guy, he still has alot to learn, but he has the desire to get work done and that will be great once we start clicking and getting things going. He is a brand new missionary, fresh out of the MTC. Training is going alright I guess, I'm not sure how well I am doing but I will do the best I can! Yes and no, yes because he would talk alot to investigators and no because with him gone and me training it gives me a great opportunity to grow with talking quicker and making it so I get more comfortable around new people quicker. (I need that) Well when he gets here and if I meet him I will be sure to call him Klinger! :) HAHAHA!!! Just kidding! But that's great! Only 3 or 4 missionaries came out this transfer unfortunately, but I guess next transfer there will be about 16 or so!?!

Yay!!! You loved my card!!! Sounds like you had a pretty good birthday except that Laura doesn't know how to play games without cheating (everyone knows that you let the birthday person win on their birthday! It's almost as bad as not letting the wookie win!)

Ok, I realized this yesterday, when I come back Emily will be of age to go to seminary and she will be going to Stake Dances!!! Tell her to stop growing up!!! Please! Wow it sounds like you guys are starting to get busier lives!

Is Laura getting better at basketball? Because they will need her too! Wow!?! A late start to the garden, but hey at least you are getting it in!

Yeah I can believe that their are alot of missionaries going out, and there will continue to be more! :)
Wow! Hold the phone!! Laura getting her license!! That's unheard of!! No, no Laura that won't do! You aren't that old yet!
Austin is going to be a great missionary!! He is going to convert the President!! First he is going to serve him and then get in with him! :) Man! These are crazy times!!

Well this week was a not too bad week considering that it was transfers wednesday. The first few days we didn't do much missionary work because Elder Adam was packing up things and we were saying goodbye to people. On wednesday Elder Leyba became my new companion, and I took him shopping and let him unpack his things. After that we went out and tried to see some people, but not much success. The days slowly got better the rest of the week. Friday we played rummy with a less active member and some of his friends, and we might get some investigators from it! One is named Lonnie and he is a talker. We went to his house Saturday to talk abut questions he had about the gospel, (while playing pool)*cough*cough* And then another lady we played rummy with asked us if we would help her paint her house, and we are going to do that this friday and saturday. We also taught a lady the Plan of Salvation upon meeting her! She said we could come back and teach her more! We will try that this week! But that's it for my week! I have to agree with Jamie that I have the best family in the WORLD!!!! I love you guys!!
Be great today!!

Love,
Elder Cameron Williams

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Williams:
    WELL, so you must have noticed you don't have your tee-shirt!!! WELL, it got packed. BUT, found it so will have your Unlce US MAIL it on FRIDAY. Sure hope the address on you blog is still correct & will check to see what I put on the package---like forever ago.

    Enjoyed this letter, very upbeat and positive. Wonderful for you and those you teach. Wow, a trainer. Good for you. Another growing experience.

    Our garden is potted this year. NOW, if it gets warm, it may even grow. We have hail last night and it was 50*. We did make it up to 70* for like one day......not a summer here yet.

    And then you supply the recipe for the cake....not my kinda' thing or your Uncles either, but, obiviously is yours....stange....Gary & I tend to be very straight-laced, I think.

    We are all good here and very much enjoy your letters to your family.
    Love to you, Aunt Virginia

    ReplyDelete