Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cameron's Letter August 22, 2011

Cameron was in a car accident on Saturday. He called home Saturday afternoon to let us know. Since he called he didn't put any details in his email, so I will tell you what Cameron told us when he called:
His companion was driving, and they were going through a green light and got t-boned on the passenger side where Cameron was sitting. He hit his head on the handle above the door, so he has a bump on his head. His companion said that they were stopped at the light then it turned green and they went through. Cameron thought that it was green the whole time. It was an older lady that hit them and she thought she had the green light. There was a witness but he didn't notice the color of the light, he just saw the crash. Cameron got to ride in the ambulance to the hospital. They did a CT scan and he only has soft tissue damage. They called their mission president. He told them they needed to call their families. He called us about 3:30 our time which would have been 5:30 his time. I'm glad his president let him do that. While I was at the church practicing the organ, Sister Jensen, the mission president's wife called to talk to me. Emily answered the phone. She told Emily that her brother was going to be ok.

Hello Everyone!
As many of you have been told yes I was involved in a car accident and I got a good sized bump on my head, but it has gone down alot though and there is not any pain. I have taken 2 acetaminophins but I took one the first night and one after church, and I haven't had problems. I have no idea about where we are getting the car fixed. I thought about that too, but I never talked to her and.... yeah from what elder boudrero said her wasn't going to give us any information at the hospital so we have to wait for the police report which we were told would be out on wednesday.

This week has been a weird and very slow week! First, last monday we played dodgeball on P-day with the district and the next few days people were sore! And Tuesday after district meeting we did a tradeoff in Douglas. Wednesday Elder Chapman and I went to Dairy Queen for lunch and we were going to bring food back for our companions, but when we got back nobody was home. We thought that maybe they went for a walk so we went into the Zone Leaders room and took a nap on their new beds! After a little over an hour they still weren't home so we called the Zone Leaders to see if they knew where they were at and sure enough they went with the Zone leaders to Valdosta (that's about an hour away) and we discovered that their key got broken somehow and they weren't gone be home until the evening so since Elder Boudrero and I had a coordination meeting that night, Elder Chapman and I decided to come back to Alma for it and he was gonna spend the night! The next day we traded back. Then nothing really exciting happened the next few days, Then on Satruday we were asked by a less active lady to go give her son a Book of Mormon and he is a member too but he is in jail and she wanted him to have something to read. Then when we got to one of the main streets we got in a wreck and so I have been in Douglas alot more than Alma this week! Well I sent pictures of the wreck and my head. I'm sorry if y'all can't see the bump, it was the best I could do. The bump is above my right eye. Well I think that is it for this week, sorry my letter wasn't very long, OH!!!! Hold on a minute! We had a big rain and thunderstorm yesturday (sunday) that broke off many branches of a tree outside the house! it was crazy!!! Oh and Laura and Jamie, my friend Elder Chapman is going to email you (if you didn't know already) I think you will like him! I hope y'all have a great week! Lova ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment