Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cameron's Letter August 1, 2011

Hello Everyone!!!
Sounds like y'all have had a fun time up in Waterton! Haha! Well y'all will look back on this and laugh! Elder Boudrero goes home either on Thanksgiving or the day after, so he is almost done. I am adjusting just fine, and I haven't quite met the whole town, but pretty close! We go to email at the local library, and yes I got your letter! Thank you very much for it! It was great to get a detailed letter! When does Richie go into the MTC?

I miss Waterton! I miss messing with cousins and fishing! And also there is Big Scoop I miss too! Oh!!! Here is what I would like you to send me please Some Old Dutch Salt and Vinegar chips, Smarties, & Sour Gummy Worms. That would be great if y'all could send me those!
Have y'all gotten an email from Jamie last week? Because I haven't.

Well this week has gone by fast! Last Monday we saw a potential investigator and committed her to be baptized! We are gonna see her again today! And on Tuesday, do not get me started on Tuesday! Let's just say that the front tube on my tire decided to be dumb! And went flat! Luckily we were close to a members house (Brother Dixon) and we went to his house. We looked at my tire and it wasn't fixable at that time (because we didn't have the supplies to fix it) we had some appointments nearby so we just walked there, it was looking like it was going to storm quick! Our appointments fell through and we went to another members house to refill my water bottles, and they told us that we better hurry home. Our only option (and I truly mean our only option) was to walk home get our car and come back. As we were walking we called a member (Brother Juarez) to see if he could give us a ride, he was and when he picked us up we told him my tire was flat and he gave us supplies to fix it. So he took us to our bikes, (by this time it is pouring raining!) Then we tried to fix it but weren't able to, we waited at Brother Dixon's until the rain stopped, then we walked the 2+ miles home, because we needed to go to Douglas (about 30 minutes drive) so Elder Boudrero could do a batismal interview. We were speed walking! When we were about .5 miles away from home we came across a snapping turtle! It tried to bite Elder Boudrero! I took a picture then a truck did a U-turn and stopped by us. An old man gets out and asked if we were going to take him home and eat him, we said no. Then he said,"Then I will!" He picked up the turtle by the tail and put it in the back of his truck and drove off! We were shocked at it! We walked home quickly and went to Douglas. We went back afterwards to pick up our bikes and took them home. When we got home we attempted to fix my tube but were unable to!
Wednesday we work on it all morning and we got it right before lunch. After lunch we went to thank Brother Juarez for the material, but he was home, and as soon as I got off their property guess what! My tire went flat! We tried pumping it up but it was leaking. So we walked the 2+ miles home! And we spent pretty much the rest of the day trying to fix my tire!!! Literally! We spent at least 6 hours trying to fix my bike, but everytime we thought we got it, there was always a small leak! In the evening we went to our weekly coordination meeting, there was a combined activity of 3-4 wards/branches youth came to our building and played water baseball! It looked like a ton of fun! Laura you should suggest this as the next combined activity! Ok, the pitcher threw a ball that was soaked with water, then when you hit it you run to first base, you have to sit in a kiddy pool, second base you had to sit in a chair and get a water balloon broken on your head, third base you had to put your foot in a bucket, and home plate you had to slide on a slip and slide to the end to be safe! The place where the batter would bat was just right in front of the slip and slide end. If you need me to I can draw it in a letter and send it to you. I didn't play, but it looked like a ton!!!! Of fun!! And you would have to tell people that they WILL get wet!!! And then after we had hot dogs for dinner!
Thursday we did weekly planning and after lunch worked more on my bike, we started using tape and it seemed to work! So we went out to see people. It worked, my tire was fixed! Ish.
Friday we woke up at 3 in the morning so we could be in Douglas by 4:30. We had to go to Tallahassee for a meeting with a member of the 70's Elder Munns and his wife. It was at least a 3 hour round trip! We didn't get home until 6:30 that evening! Could you see if you can find a Giant brand tube that is 26x 2.125 or around that size? I tried at the Walmart in Douglas but the one I bought wasn't the right size.
Saturday I got to chop down a tree and throw alot of things into a huge fire! We also found a fire proof salamander! It was crazy! It survived the fire!!! I got EXTREMELY dirty!! But it was great! Well I have to go, but I will talk to y'all later!

Love,
Elder Cameron Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment